How to install Retropie for gaming emulation with Kodi on the side to watch movies, sports, tv shows, etc.
Link to RetroPie Download Page: https://retropie.org.uk/download/
Raspberry Pi 3: 20 of the highest quality projects you can test with the tiny computer
Got a Raspberry Pi 3? Let’s consider 20 perfect projects to get started on!
The Raspberry Pi 3 is amongst the ideal beginning points for employing code. Whether you’re a first-timer with Python or a technology professional, this minuscule computer is a brilliantly versatile machine.
It’s something of an understatement to say that there’s plenty you can perform with the Raspberry Pi 3. Ever since the first Raspberry Pi was launched in 2012, people have been putting it to work on projects which range from the useful to the outrageous. Desire to write your own personal gaming applications? Take a glance. Intend to make a smart media centre for your Television? Take a look. Want to breathe life into a common children’s toy? Look.
At this point we already have picked out 20 valuable projects to sink your teeth into – which range from the hassle-free to the demanding. These will likely work if you’ve got a Raspberry Pi 2, although they might be a a tad bit more challenging if you possess the initial Raspberry Pi or the Raspberry Pi Zero.
The 20 finest Raspberry Pi projects
1. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a Kodi streamer
Kodi is regarded as the most excellent streaming platforms around, letting you experience local and online content on anything ranging from your cell phone to an Amazon Fire Television Stick(How-to tutorial: http://www.alphr.com/software/1001730/how-to-install-kodi-on-a-fire-tv-stick-the-best-way-to-download-kodi-to-an-amazon). Oh, and it’s also available on the Raspberry Pi 2. If you’d like to feel the features about Kodi, the Raspberry Pi 2 is more than powerful enough, and the installation of the streaming application is fairly direct far too (http://www.alphr.com/media-centres/1000077/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-an-xbmc-media-center-build-a-fully-functional).
2. Raspberry Pi projects: Write your personal game
3. Raspberry Pi projects: Make a GameBoy
No, seriously. It is a legit and do-able project for the more professional user. With regard to the actual programming, it’s actually not the most complex – you’re fundamentally installing an emulator on your Raspberry Pi. The difficult task appears in the kind of soldering the various items with each other.
Travis Brown from XodusTech (http://www.xodustech.com/projects/raspberry-pi-gameboy-pocket) has provided a complete log of how he brought his Game Boy back to life using a Raspberry Pi. The best thing about building a Pi-Pocket – as he calls it – is that you will not be limited to playing only GameBoy games; the Pi-Pocket is likewise capable of playing NES, Sega Master System along with Game Gear titles, as well as well liked Linux-based games which include Doom and Duke Nukem.
4. Raspberry Pi projects: Construct an AI assistant
5. Raspberry Pi projects: Home Arcade Box
6. Raspberry Pi projects: Media centre for your Television
7. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a wireless extender
Next to nothing shows the versatility of a Raspberry Pi pretty like this project (except the GameBoy listed below). With a USB Wi-Fi dongle, a microSD card and the Raspberry Pi itself, you improve the range of your wireless signal.
Guy Eastwood has generated the terrific Pi-Point web site (http://www.pi-point.co.uk/), which can take you through all that you should be informed on this project. Go here to find out detailed documentation and free downloadable photographs to help you out.
8. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a download hub
9. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a dedicated Minecraft machine
10. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a camera trap
11. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a case
12. Raspberry Pi projects: Control your stereo wirelessly
13. Raspberry Pi projects: Build your own cloud server
14. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a cellphone
15. Raspberry Pi projects: Create your individual PiRate radio station
16. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a wise beer refrigerator
17. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a PiCam
18. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a talking toy
19. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a bitcoin mining device
20. Raspberry Pi projects: A teeny arcade cabinet
Read more http://www.alphr.com/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi/1000043/raspberry-pi-3-20-of-the-best-projects-you-can-try-with-the