OpenELEC makes it easy to turn a $35 Raspberry Pi into a solid home theater PC that can stream your media collection… and while it isn’t free, we’ve got a way for you to stream Netflix and Amazon Instant Video!
Have an idea for something we should build? E-mail us!
**New Episodes Every Week**
Subscribe for free!
DIY Tryin on Revision3:
Tekzilla on Twitter:
Tweets by tekzilla
Patrick on Twitter:
Tweets by patricknorton
Michael on Twitter:
Tweets by palmdalian
DIY Tryin is a brand-new show about do-it-yourself solutions and maker culture from the Tekzilla team! Here on DIY Tryin, we live by the motto; “Why buy when you can make?”
Raspberry Pi 3: 20 of the finest projects you can try with the micro PC
Got a Raspberry Pi 3? Listed here are 20 terrific projects to get yourself started!
The Raspberry Pi 3 is probably the perfect beginning points for using program code. Whether you’re a first-timer with Python or a tech pro, this mini PC is a wonderfully multi-purpose device.
It’s something of an understatement to say that there’s plenty you can try with the Raspberry Pi 3. Ever since the first Raspberry Pi was released in 2012, everyone has been putting it to work on projects ranging from the useful to the unbelievable. Prefer to write your own gaming programs? Check. Wish to make an intelligent media centre for your Television? Check. Desire to breathe life into a basic children’s toy? Check out.
Here we already have chosen 20 valuable projects to sink your teeth into – ranging from the straightforward to the fiendish. These will likewise work for those who have a Raspberry Pi 2, though they might be a a little more complicated if you have the earlier Raspberry Pi or the Raspberry Pi Zero.
The 20 ideal Raspberry Pi projects
1. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a Kodi streamer
Kodi is among the actual best streaming platforms that are available, assisting you to experience local and internet-based content on anything from your phone to an Amazon Fire Television Stick(How-to guide: http://www.alphr.com/software/1001730/how-to-install-kodi-on-a-fire-tv-stick-the-best-way-to-download-kodi-to-an-amazon). Oh, and it’s available as well on the Raspberry Pi 2. If you like to experience the benefits of Kodi, the Raspberry Pi 2 is more than powerful enough, and installing the streaming program is truly painless far too (http://www.alphr.com/media-centres/1000077/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-an-xbmc-media-center-build-a-fully-functional).
2. Raspberry Pi projects: Write your very own game
3. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a Game Boy
No, very seriously. It is a lawful and do-able project for the more professional user. With regards to the actual coding, it isn’t the most tricky – you’re essentially installing an emulator on your Raspberry Pi. The complicated process happens in the sort of soldering the different parts collectively.
Travis Brown over at XodusTech (http://www.xodustech.com/projects/raspberry-pi-gameboy-pocket) has released an in depth log of the way he brought his Game Boy back to reality using a Raspberry Pi. The best thing about creating a Pi-Pocket – as he calls it – is that you will not be limited to playing merely Game Boy games; the Pi-Pocket is additionally capable of playing NES, Sega Master System and even Game Gear titles, in addition to widespread Linux-based games such as Doom and Duke Nukem.
4. Raspberry Pi projects: Create an Artificial Intelligence assistant
5. Raspberry Pi projects: Home Arcade Box
6. Raspberry Pi projects: Media centre for your Television
7. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a wireless stretcher
Next to nothing illustrates the flexibility of a Raspberry Pi quite like this project (apart from the Game Boy beneath). With a USB Wi-Fi dongle, a microSD card and the Raspberry Pi itself, you expand the reach of your wifi signal.
Guy Eastwood has created the wonderful Pi-Point website (http://www.pi-point.co.uk/), which can take you thru all that you should know about this project. Follow the link to uncover specific documentation and free downloadable pics to assist you.
8. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a download hub
9. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a dedicated Minecraft machine
10. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a camera trap
11. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a case
12. Raspberry Pi projects: Manage your stereo wirelessly
13. Raspberry Pi projects: Make your own cloud server
14. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a cellular phone
15. Raspberry Pi projects: Make your individual PiRate radio station
16. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a wise beer fridge
17. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a PiCam
18. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a talking toy
19. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a bitcoin mining system
20. Raspberry Pi projects: A teeny arcade cabinet
Know more http://www.alphr.com/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi/1000043/raspberry-pi-3-20-of-the-best-projects-you-can-try-with-the