This is going to be a video on how I setup my Raspberry Pi 3 as a Media Player similar to other popular streaming devices such as a Roku and Amazon fire stick.
*Please note @ 4:58 mins when loading NOOBS for the first time you must connect your Ethernet cable to the Raspberry Pi to get more OS choices.
Raspberry Pi 3 Media Center Kit from Vilros:
Also, the same kit is available in Amazon for a few dollars cheaper:
Music beat created by JakezMuzikProduction (JMP):
Raspberry Pi 3: 20 of the very best projects you could try with the tiny computer
Had a Raspberry Pi 3? Listed below are 20 incredible projects to get yourself started!
The Raspberry Pi 3 is just about the greatest starting points for employing coding. Whether you’re a first-timer with Python or a tech old hand, this tiny computer is a superbly adaptable device.
It’s something of an understatement to say that there’s a great deal to do with the Raspberry Pi 3. After the first Raspberry Pi was released in the year 2012, folks have been putting it to work on projects which range from the practical to the extravagant. Desire to write your gaming applications? Check. Intend to make a smart media centre for your Television? Look. Would like to breathe life into a traditional children’s toy? Check.
In this case we’ve picked out 20 beneficial projects to sink your teeth into – which range from the very simple to the fiendish. These will even work if you have a Raspberry Pi 2, even though they might be a a little more hard if you possess the earlier Raspberry Pi or the Raspberry Pi Zero.
The 20 greatest Raspberry Pi projects
1. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a Kodi streamer
Kodi are probably the highest quality streaming platforms that can be found, enabling you to experience local and internet-based content on anything from your cell phone to an Amazon Fire Television Stick(How-to guide: http://alphr.com/software/1001730/how-to-install-kodi-on-a-fire-tv-stick-the-best-way-to-download-kodi-to-an-amazon). Oh, and it’s also available on the Raspberry Pi 2. If you wish to feel the great merits about Kodi, the Raspberry Pi 2 is more than powerful enough, and installing the streaming software is pretty clear-cut way too (http://alphr.com/media-centres/1000077/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-an-xbmc-media-center-build-a-fully-functional).
2. Raspberry Pi projects: Write your very own game
3. Raspberry Pi projects: Make a GameBoy
No, seriously. It is a appropriate and do-able project for the more professional user. With regards to the actual programming, it’s actually not the most tough – you are in essence installing an emulator on your Raspberry Pi. The complicated task shows up in the type of soldering all of the parts collectively.
Travis Brown at XodusTech (http://xodustech.com/projects/raspberry-pi-gameboy-pocket) has crafted an in depth record of how he brought his Game Boy back to life using a Raspberry Pi. The nice thing about making a Pi-Pocket – as he names it – is that you aren’t tied to playing just GameBoy games; the Pi-Pocket is also able to play NES, Sega Master System and Game Gear titles, as well as well known Linux-based games for example , Doom and Duke Nukem.
4. Raspberry Pi projects: Make an Artificial Intelligence assistant
5. Raspberry Pi projects: Home Arcade Box
6. Raspberry Pi projects: Media centre for your Television
7. Raspberry Pi projects: Make a wireless stretcher
Almost nothing stresses the versatility of a Raspberry Pi quite like this project (apart from the GameBoy listed below). With a USB Wi-Fi dongle, a micro sd card and the Raspberry Pi itself, you improve the range of your wifi signal.
Guy Eastwood has generated the brilliant Pi-Point internet site (http://pi-point.co.uk/), which can take you through what you need to know about this project. Click this link to discover complete documentation and 100 % free downloadable photographs to assist you.
8. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a download hub
9. Raspberry Pi projects: Make a dedicated Minecraft machine
10. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a camera trap
11. Raspberry Pi projects: Make a case
12. Raspberry Pi projects: Control your stereo wirelessly
13. Raspberry Pi projects: Create your very own cloud server
14. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a telephone
15. Raspberry Pi projects: Build your unique PiRate radio station
16. Raspberry Pi projects: Build a smart beer fridge
17. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a PiCam
18. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a talking toy
19. Raspberry Pi projects: Create a bitcoin mining system
20. Raspberry Pi projects: A little arcade case